Monday, January 23, 2012

Library Hours

 Today I spent my lunch hour at the Moorestown Library. It was a gloomy, misty day but I still needed to get out of the office for a brief respite from the ringing phones and needy customers. The library is an ugly  70's  concrete building, in need of updating but my escape nonetheless. The scent of musty books took me back to my younger days spent at the Camden Library in Dudley Grange Park. I couldn't believe that there in Moorestown amongst the furniture that looks like it was castoff from a college dorm was a trestle table and Windsor chairs also reminiscent of my former library. I just had to sit there for my brief escape from the everyday world of work.

Check out the link below that will take you back to my world of Nancy Drew books, high school research papers, the Panzarotti truck and summer days spent reading in a strange old mansion with its very own green space and view of my high school.

 eastcamden.wordpress.com/dudley-grange-library/
www.moorestown.lib.nj.us

No comments:

Post a Comment